Evaluation;
HA5 as a whole was a success in my eyes! I completed everything I was ask to do and it all matched the brief and even though I had some weak point in a few parts of my work, I think it wasn't too bad as a whole.
In Task 1, I was asked to research, visual and written research, corresponding to the character profile I chose, which was Johnathyn Bearswick. I researched a medieval dungeon for my setting as well as dungeon torture weapons that would hang from the wall. I also looked at a musket/pistol to get a old vibe to inspire me in the later stages. For the character I look at robin hood and the character from the TV show, The Arrow. I think that the amount of research for this task was sufficient to the task as this inspired my ideas for the next task.
Now we move onto Task 2, In this task we had to draw quick, fast sketches to help inspire the final drawing. For the pistol, I wanted it to have a mix between a musket and a pistol move give it an antique vibe. My art style in this task was meant to look a little bit like a cartoon not like a real life character.
After finishing this task I work on the next. Task 3 was to take all my research from task 1 and all my sketches from task 2 to then draw my final drawings. For my setting, I wanted to have a doorway in the background so I had a wooden door that resembles prison bars. I also had a bunch of torture weapons on the opposite side of the wall to help make my drawing look like a dungeon. For my character, I drew him to look like he has just experienced some of the torture from the dungeon and I placed all his equipment onto his belt. Now we move onto my equipment drawings. The pistol is a mix between a musket and a pistol, for the playing cards I got a deck of playing cards from my bedroom and I put aspects of that into my final drawing and for my sword and belt I made it look like it has just been used as it has a spot of blood on the end of the blade. I think that I achieved a acceptable standard in my work, however I think one way I could have improved my work is to use a bigger ruler as I had to keep moving it and it ended up looking rather shaky however, I still believe it is acceptable.
Finally I did task 4 which was rather simple. All I was ask to do was to sign a legal and ethical checklist, which I had gotten on Moodle. I filled this out to declare that the copyright on my work could be used by the company White Paper Games and releasing them from any responsibility from any unauthorised use of my work .
Overall, my work is to an acceptable standard. Some of the tasks are to a greater quality than other but I think all the task are rather well put together. I think that the quality of my art is a little lack luster however with practice in college and at home this can improve significantly.